High Temperature Insulating Bulk Fibers
We offer an extensive range of high temperature insulating Bulk fiber materials for use directly as thermal insulation or for the base material in the manufacture of boards and shapes, woven into rope and cloth or blended into liquid binders for coatings and cements.
Christy supplies and stocks insulation bulk fibers from Morgan Thermal Ceramics, a leading manufacturer of both refractory ceramic fibers and soluble fibers.
- Alkaline Earth Silicate Fiber (AES) bulk made from Thermal’s unique low bio-persistence fiber Superwool®
- Refractory Ceramic Fiber (RCF) also known as Alumino Silicate Wool (ASW) bulk fibre made from Kaowool®, Cerafiber®, Cerachem®
- Polycrystalline (PCW) bulk fibers are manufactured by sol-gel technology using processes specifically designed to produce fibers of defined dimensions. Alphawool® bulk fibers are classified to 1600°C (2912°F).
- Engineered fibers marketed as Enfil™
AES (Superwool®) Bio-Soluble Bulk Fiber
Thermal’s Superwool® Bulk Fibers have exceptional performance-to-weight ratio, good resistance to chemical attack, high tensile strength and excellent thermal stability. For example, Superwool® Plus™ Bulk Fiber retains its original soft fibrous structure up to its maximum continuous use temperature of 1000°C (1832°F).
Superwool® Bulk Fibers are exonerated and are not classified as carcinogenic by IARC or under any national regulations on a global basis. They have no requirements for warning labels under GHS (Globally Harmonised System for the classification and labelling of chemicals). In Europe, Superwool® fibers meet the requirements specified under NOTA Q of European Directive 67/548. All Superwool® fiber products are therefore exempt from the classification and labelling regulation in Europe.
RCF Insulating Ceramic Bulk Fiber
All Thermal’s RCF Bulk Fibers are resistant to chemical attack. They are lightweight, strong and feature a low heat storage capacity for effective energy savings and good thermal shock resistance for use in difficult environments. Kaowool® is classified to 1260°C (2300°F). Cerafiber® is classified to 1315°C (2400°F). Cerachem® is classified at 1426°C (2600F).
PCW Bulk Fiber
Thermal’s Alphawool® bulk fibers consists of a mass of randomly oriented, normally long, fluffy polycrystalline fibers that have an excellent thermal stability and retain their original soft fibrous structure up to maximum continuous use temperature. Alphawool bulk fibers contain no binder and do not emit fumes or smell during the first use. Bulk Fibers are a versatile feedstock for manufacturers of insulation products. Thermal Ceramics can produce them to meet specific customer specifications for composition, compressed density, fiber content, and lubricity.
Enfil™ is a family of Bulk Fibers that have been further processed to meet specific requirements for fiber index and fiber length.
They are also used directly in applications including:
- Insulation in brick wall expansion joints
- Insulating fill in chimneys and fire doors
- Kiln cars
- Cloth and textile manufacturing
- Friction modifiers in brake pads and clutch plates
- Temperature and strength modifier in paints, coatings and cements
- Base material in preforms for Metal Matrix Composites
If you would like more information on our bulk products or if you have a thermal insulation challenge for which you need assistance, and then please get in touch. We have extensive applications expertise and can work with customers to engineer optimum solutions.