Silicon Carbide Shapes
Silicon Carbide Shapes are a very versatile refractory base material. They are capable of performing where other refractories cannot. There are two main product families that we offer:
- Silicate Bonded Silicon Carbide commonly known as clay bonded silicon carbide. Silicate Bonded Silicon Carbide shapes include Kiln Furniture, Pyrometer Tubes, Muffles, Skid Rails, Zinc Furnaces, Zinc Reduction Columns, Zinc Oxide Furnace Roofs, Scrubbers, Muriatic Acid Domes and Hearths. Silicate Bonded Silicon Carbide shapes exhibit:
- High Thermal Conductivity
- Good Corrosion Resistance
- High Abrasion Resistance
- High Thermal Shock Resistance
- Excellent Acid Resistance.
- Nitride Bonded Silicon Carbide. Nitride Bonded Silicon Carbide shapes include Copper Shaft and Holding Furnaces, Cyclones, Scroll Liners, Aluminum Reduction Cells, Aluminum Filter Boxes, Immersion Tubes, Kiln Furniture, Spray Nozzles, and Scrubber Linings. Nitride Bonded Silicon Carbide shapes exhibit:
- Excellent Abrasion
- Excellent Hot Strength
- Excellent Chemical Resistance
- Excellent Thermal Shock Resistance
- Very High Thermal Conductivity
We keep standard sized Silicate Bonded Silicon Carbide Thermocouple Protection Tubes in stock at our St. Louis warehouse. We can also custom design and manufacture most nitride bonded silicon carbide or clay bonded silicon carbide tubes or shapes that you might need. Contact us today for a quote with your specifications.
Please contact us for more information.